Sunday, April 19, 2020

DJI FPV best RANGE which Antennas on Goggles and Air Unit

While doing "wingsuit style" DIVES with my quad in the alps, the last thing I want are RED RSSI indicators making me nervous. I was quite sure that my AIR Unit antennas are not placed optimal, and I knew there was more potential on the goggles antennas as well. Since DJI logs Bitrate for you in a file, you can test antennas and compare the LOG data in excel.
After this test-sessions on the field I swapped the menace patch with an ORT 3turn helical - it has a flexy SMA cable and better performance as well.
Overall I'm pretty confident with this VIDEO TRANSMISSION now!


►EQUIPMENT
Filmed with: Panasonic GH5 + R0de VideoMicro, Samsung Galaxy S10

AndyRC on DJI FPV best Antenna-Setup

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
VIDEO INDEX:
00:52 1st flight: baseline (bad Airunit Antenna placement)
01:54 2nd flight, better AirUnit Antenna placement
02:33 Goggles Antennas Optimization
04:32 RP-SMA, RPSMA to SMA converter

No comments: