Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Battery VOLT-Sag-TEST (retesting CNHLs Black Series)


In my big Battery Test-Video in early April I've compared a lot of different China brand 6S Lipos.
Since a few comments suggested that the CNHL (at least the white ones) usually perform very good, I thought that the long shipping times (and maybe bad, cold storage during shipping) might have damaged them. I asked banggood to send another one - so I could retest:
Today I just flew 3 packs with a new copter (soon to be reviewed!) and found that the CNHL black series still sucks :)


(click to enlarge)

Above you see my excel log analysis. Both CNHLs performed similar (bad) where they sag to 19.7 and 19.6v, where the DemonRC only did sag to 20.5v  (and the DemonRC was NOT the best performer in my test - it is a good medium class pack). Notably more "punch" as well on the DemonRC pack - seen as the higher orange peak (59Amps vs. 53 and 55 on the CNHLs).

(click to enlarge)
Above you now see a zoomed in comparison of the voltages of those 3 packs. Red is DemonRC, Blue and orange are CNHLs. Again: Demons were not even the best - so this comparison could look even worse for CNHL!


A note to my testing this time:  SD Logging on Taranis!
After a good tip from "InDrone Productions" I realized that I can log the values thru telemetry downlink on my Taranis. As always, Oscar Liang has a great guide how to activate this (rather simple!). The only thing you need: Crossfire RX needs to be connected in CRSF protocal (with 2 signal wires) instead of sbus mode (which I had). If this is the case, you see all important values on your Radio (and can even set alarms there).
Let me know if you need a video on this topic...

No comments: