Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Why I sent my Insta360 One R back

With these kinds of reviews I will not make any money or get many review items offered but they will have the most benefit for you - and these honest reivews are quite rare on tha Netz ;)

Weight: Core: 42gr | 4k/360 lens: 42gr | Battery base: 34gr = 118gr + Frame: 52gr = Total weight: 170gr ●▬▬▬LINKS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● Resolution comparison in Excel (PDF) http://bit.ly/2NEtwOx

►Sector5 flight: this is your typical insta cam on a drone (here my first try actually). of course the insta is heavier and larger than a gopro7, stabilization is great, possibilities are awesome with 360! but this wears off faster than you think and I ended up with just 2 flights on my drone in 3 months. ►Jet Chase: The next day I was eager to chase my friends on the field. Normally I try hard to have the object I wanna chase in the center of my DJI cam - so the gopro would also record it. With the 360 cam you dont have to care about aiming the shot - because you can turn the sphere in post production and look almost anywhere. You just have to bring your copter close enough to the aciton. And here's the downside of the insta: if I'm not REALLY close, I have to zoom in quite a bit, else the JET is just a DOT. Zoomed in this quickly degrades to 720p or lower of resolution... ►Hiking: Another use for this cam, no drone used - just a longer selfie stick in your backpack and you get a funny looking 3rd person view - which you can - again - look around freely in post production. This is especially fun when you dont have to much time for framing the shot while in the action. Also the 360 on a longer stick makes for nice scenes if you're high up and dont have a drone. attention - dont watch this if you have vertigo :) ►Gopro7 vs Insta4k Module: Since they basically give you the "normal" 4k cam module for free - you will buy it. The modularity is part of the appeal, right? But even tho the insta is really sharp (do we want maximum sharpness?) the Gopros video was much more pleasing to watch! Gopro just deals so much better with the jello vibrations from my copter...

No comments: